Silver Arrows Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Expedition Briefing Report #SAOC-O3-72910-0874

4 posters

Go down

Expedition Briefing Report  #SAOC-O3-72910-0874 Empty Expedition Briefing Report #SAOC-O3-72910-0874

Post by Ryleous Arkane (SA_ORION) Fri 30 Jul 2010 - 12:19

--BEGIN TRANSMISSION--

Expedition Briefing Report #SAOC-O3-72910-0874

THE FOLLOWING REPORT IS FOR YOUR EYES ONLY!

SUBJECT: Inner Core Expedition 07-29-2010

CC: Silver Arrows Command, planet Manhattan, New York System, Silver Arrows Operation Command Center, GMG Hypergate Station, Omega-3, Vice-Admiral Sam Thomas, "ARROW"

RE: Report on our completed mission objectives and current status.

MISSION PILOTS:Lt. Comm. Ryleous Arkane "ORION" (Mission Leader), Captain Nicolás Salvador Cañones "TANGO" (SO), Ensign OE-254 "LOYAL" and Crewman Owen Mason "ZEROTH"

SYNOPSIS: At roughly 8:15pm CDT I organized a random Inner Core sector mission to acquire new alien-tech weaponry and to scout for any intelligence against the Dom'Razak, Dom'Setek, Dom'Nepesh, Warrior, Sentinel and Savage alien forces. The mission pilots as stated above responded and shortly thereafter assembled in Omega-3 near the GMG Hypergate to embark. Unfortunately, due to Captain TANGO's lack of experience in the Inner Core, I elected to command the mission, since I was organizing it from the beginning anyway. We were not expecting the Captain on this mission as he was the last to arrive and responded on such short notice in order to leave for the Inner Core sector with us.

As about 8:45pm CDT, I estimate we ran into our first serious hostile contact near the Jormdar gate where we were all passing through the gate... I had elected to stay and defend till all had passed through the gate, however hostile Dom forces arrived and I had no choice but to engage or be destroyed. I had taken down several light fighters and a bomber at that point when thankfully TANGO came back through and helped me dispatch the remaining fighters... Sadly, our position was given away to the enemy's command structure as a remaining light fighter limped away at cruise speed and most likely radioed our position. My fighter suffered minor damage amazingly, but I went through a lot of batteries and some nanobots... This event unfortunately would come back to "haunt" us later though.

For the most part the mission went well afterwards save a run in from a Warrior Mothership that literally nearly ran us all over in Mepther near the Ryssk gate, thankfully we all escaped with minimal to no damage.

At around 9:30pm CDT, our worst moment came once again near a jumpgate, this time in Ryssk near the Weth gate. The Dom forces obviously sent an intercept wing to wait for us at the Weth gate before we got into friendly territory as we encountered more fighters before we were all able to get through the gate. I had no time to radio to engage at this point, so I began destroying hostiles quickly as I could, my wingmen followed suit. In the mass confusion somewhere during that time is when I believe Ensign LOYAL was overpowered and lost it's fighter... Sadly, Ensign LOYAL did not eject in time and it's body was destroyed, however it's memory core was located in the debris and thanks to the quick thinking of Crewman ZEROTH, it was immediately tractored into his ship. Almost immediately amazingly, Ensign LOYAL's spare body unit (Mark II) was activated back on Freeport 1 in Omega-3, where ZEROTH radioed back to it that it's Mark I body had been destroyed in battle and that it's memory core had been recovered from debris of it's former body and ship's explosion. Once Crewman ZEROTH returns to the Sirius sector, he will download the memory core of the Mark I LOYAL unit into the Mark II LOYAL unit to recover his experiences and memory of the mission.

I must say Vice-Admiral, I'm grateful at least LOYAL, being a cybernetic being can be "put back together", at least it's much easier than us humans can do!

Afterwards on reaching Weth and reporting into the SAOC from the Dom'Kavash Mirtrrak Battlestation of our progress, me, TANGO and ZEROTH docked, repaired and refitted for our next task of our mission, to acquire alien-tech in Ryssk, near planet Daytai.

Our initial contact with hostile forces went well till about near 10:00pm CDT when apparently ZEROTH bit off more than he could chew...

As it were, Crewman ZEROTH had collected a large sample of energy crystals for the SA Labs to analyze, but sadly, his ship was destroyed by the hostile Dom forces we had engaged near planet Daytai in Ryssk. Me and TANGO broke contact at that point after I had tractored ZEROTH's escape pod and we returned to the allied Dom'Kavash Mirtrrak Battlestation in Weth with a minimal load of alien-tech for study and analysis.

Afterwards, once ZEROTH emerged from his escape pod on Mirtrrak, he incredibly negotiated a fighter ship from the Dom'Kavash's own organic fleet in order to return to the Sirius sector. TANGO elected to remain in the Inner Core sector for further studies and exploration of the allied Dom'Kavash systems beyond Weth. As for my next task, I am still going to enter the hostile Dom' systems to find the rare Dom'Nepesh plasma gun, the Ther'hon Cannon and obtain more of them for study and use on my VHFs.

I want to also at this moment, thank and congratulate these men and our cybernetic life-form for their bravery, skill, courage and comradeship on this mission. We had some losses and close calls, but everyone is still thankfully in one piece. I want to personally recommend promotions and decorations to Ensign LOYAL and Crewman ZEROTH for putting their lives on the line for all of humanity and especially thank TANGO for saving my butt back in the Jormdar system.

This ends my report gentlemen. Please contact me via encoded subspace frequency at 1.21 THz at galactic coordinates 0.01, 0.10, 0.08, ALPHA-DK-W-MB anytime for any further orders, important information or instructions, thank you.

-Lieutenant Commander Ryleous Arkane, callsign "ORION"

--END OF TRANSMISSION--
Ryleous Arkane (SA_ORION)
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Male Number of posts : 1867
Character RP Name : Ryleous Arkane
Callsign : ORION
Registration date : 2010-01-29

Character sheet
Name: Ryleous Arkane
Callsign: SA_ORION
Assigned Unit: Retired

Back to top Go down

Expedition Briefing Report  #SAOC-O3-72910-0874 Empty Re: Expedition Briefing Report #SAOC-O3-72910-0874

Post by sa_admin Fri 30 Jul 2010 - 13:24

--BEGIN TRANSMISSION--

SILVER ARROWS COMMUNICATION

ENCODED TO : ORION, TANGO, ZEROTH, LOYAL
SENDER : Vice-Admiral Sam Thomas

MESSAGE : Good work gentlemen ! I'm happy to hear you all got out of it well. We'll order a markIII body chassis for LOYAL in case he gets destroyed again...

Your bravery and skills will be rewarded accordingly gentlemen. (each earn 5 points for participating in offensive operations (Red Cross of the Silver Arrows). Promotions are also to be announced at the end of the week-end).

I'm glad you wish to continue your search for those Ther'hon weapons. I couldn't confirm, but i think our lab studied only a single sample of this piece of alien technology until now and their research was cut pretty short when an intern dropped his coffee on it and made the gun overload... Fortunately the scientists managed to evacuate the lab before discharges spread all over the room....

Anyway keep me informed of your good progress and good luck for the continuity of your mission gentlemen.

ARROW out-

--END OF TRANSMISSION--
sa_admin
sa_admin
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Male Number of posts : 3483
Character RP Name : Sam Thomas
Callsign : SA_ARROW
Registration date : 2007-08-05

Character sheet
Name: Sam Thomas
Callsign: SA_ARROW
Assigned Unit: Silver Arrows Command

http://www.silverarrowsclan.com

Back to top Go down

Expedition Briefing Report  #SAOC-O3-72910-0874 Empty Re: Expedition Briefing Report #SAOC-O3-72910-0874

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jul 2010 - 20:09

--BEGIN TRANSMISSION--

ENCODED TO : SA members and allies
SENDER : Lt. Commander Martind Forlon

SUBJECT: Inner Core Expedition 07-30-2010

GOALS: Explore Celldra, Sadurn and Pyrrdra systems and find the location where are Ther'hon Cannons.

From begin it was only lonely mission. I flew from Venn to Celldra and next Sadurn system where I attacked two enemy patrols. After their destruction I was little low with bots/bats and therefore decided go to rearming. I flew out of this heavy clouded system to Pyrddra system and from there it was only short trip through Mepther and Ryssk to Weth system. Dooms had along the way few attempts for interception, but all were unsuccesfull ... I was lucky this time Smile. After successfully landing at Mittrak Station was my ship rearmed.

In Weth system was waiting UR member Pretorian who offered me help. This I accepted with pleasure and we also received Intel informations from UR leader Andreask, that we need to go to Pyrddra System. At the beginning of our journey we encountered one big Warrior BS, but we rather avoid this dangerous ship and continue with travel. Shortly after that we were intercepted by Warrior patrol, but we finished them quickly and continue. Along the way we shot down several enemy patrols and finally arrived to Pyrddra System. Here we started survey and were soon attacked by many waves of enemy patrols. I can confirmed, that Ther'hon Cannons can be found in sector 3E near Dom'Setek base in north-east corner this sector. Intel photo this Dom'Setek Base you can found below.

Beware: heavy Dom'Setek and Sentinels Fleets were observed in this sector ! ... it is highly probable they gathering forces for attack !!!

After way back suddenly appeared in my ship several systems malfunctions**. They finally ended with my ship computer explosion. Therefore was my near uncontrolled ship destroyed right before gate to Rissk. UR Pretorian was brave enough and be able tractor my escape pod and take it safe to Weth.

UPDATE: An hour ago I received with DKs help new ship. For today I am out of service and started internal ship's system control. ...hope I not more encountered ship's systems problems in near future. I also received shipment from UR Pretorian with four Ther'hon Cannons (HUGE THX for this !) so I can begin field tests with this "babies" at 01-08-2010 evening.

Intel photo:

Expedition Briefing Report  #SAOC-O3-72910-0874 Screen491crop2

FORLON out-

--END OF TRANSMISSION--

** ping 2500 0 80 ... uff Shocked ... need to talk to my internet provider Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by Martind Forlon on Sat 31 Jul 2010 - 8:44; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : text and photo update ... lols I begin with short info and ended with Novel :D)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeroth Sat 31 Jul 2010 - 1:16

--BEGIN TRANSMISSION--

ENCODED TO : ARROW, ORION, TANGO, LOYAL
SENDER : Crewman Owen Mason SA_ZEROTH

I have recently returned to Omega 3 from this expedition.
As stated above I have retrieved SA_LOYAL's data-chip.

Expedition Briefing Report  #SAOC-O3-72910-0874 Screen275

Loyal, it was an honor to fly with you and I hope to do so again in the near future.

Tango, Orion...great to fly with you both again.

I have mapped and collected samples from every DK base and system beyond the Hypergate.

While they do not desperately need our aide in transporting goods...there ARE profits to be had in several of the systems if you are in of credits to replace CM, bots and bats for the return journey.

It would seem as though the only commodities openly available to humans are basic elements. I am expecting that this is for our own good as products that DK might require could be hazardous or worse.

The return trip to Omega 3 with a brief stop in Coalition space afforded me with a new scout ship which I have wanted to try out for a while.

The SA_Scout_ZEROTH is now a Venom MK2 ship from the Guandong system beyond Gladius.

I plan to test this ship to the limits and report on it further in our data center.

All for now.

-Zeroth

--End Transmission--
Zeroth
Zeroth
Captain
Captain

Male Number of posts : 423
Character RP Name : Owen Mason
Callsign : SA_ZEROTH
Registration date : 2010-07-03

Character sheet
Name: Owen Mason
Callsign: SA_ZEROTH
Assigned Unit: Silver Arrows Command

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryleous Arkane (SA_ORION) Sat 31 Jul 2010 - 16:01

--BEGIN TRANSMISSION--

ORIGIN: Galactic coordinates 0.01, 0.10, 0.08, ALPHA-DK-W-MB
128-bit encrypted transmission via subspace frequency @ 1.21 THz

LOCATION : Mirtrrak Battlestation, allied Dom'Kavash system, Weth
ENCODED TO : SA members and allies
SENDER : Lt. Commander Ryleous Arkane

SUBJECT: Inner Core Expedition 07-30-2010

GOALS: Obtain alien-tech "Ther'hon Cannons" and discover any further intelligence of hostile Dom alien race's forces.

Comrades, it is with a great feeling to report I have been very successful in my final tasks of this expedition. I have obtained 4 samples of the Ther'hon Cannons from the Dom'Setek forces for study, analysis and reverse engineering. I have also finally defeated single-handedly 5 Dom'Setek fighters in combat and kept my ship in one piece to tell about it! This incredible ordeal has also shed some amazing intelligence about the Dom forces that will be of great use to us in future expeditions. I also need to report some particular techniques I employed while flying solo deep in hostile territory that has kept me alive for so long.

Firstly, concerning the Dom's command structure when encountering wings of fighters, i.e. a patrol wing. Very often I will see groups of fighters in a patrol and one of the fighters is different from the others, for example, I will see a wing of light fighters mixed in with one medium or heavy fighter. That fighter is most likely the wing commander of the patrol wing! If you engage it and destroy their wing commander, it will temporary disrupt their attack and give you enough time to continue your assault or to flee. However, for the best effect, you do not want to destroy the wing commander just yet, because I witnessed a tactic they employ when the wing commander's ship is heavily damaged as the whole wing will attempt to flee at cruise speed! THIS IS A HUGE TACTICAL ADVANTAGE! You can use that opportunity to continue engaging the fighters by cruise disrupting the wing commander and destroying the wingmen without hardly any retaliation as they continue to attempt to flee with the damaged wing commander. Comrades, this is how I destroyed those 5 Dom'Setek fighters!

Another interesting observation I have found is that the Dom forces usually patrol out to about 50k from their static bases and don't often venture out further than that. Therefore, if we wish to avoid detection or encounter less resistance, we can try to keep our distance from those bases on future expeditions and missions.

Now, another series of techniques we employed on this particular expedition to good effect... One is the formation group instead of flying in a group. As we all know, when you are flying in a group in cruise, you are locked into the lead pilot to steer the remaining wingmen. This unfortunately leads to a big problem in the Inner Core hostile Dom' systems, the threat of getting cruise disrupted while in flight and getting left behind the entire wing to face a wing of Dom fighters solo in most cases! Granted sometimes the wing can come back in time to help rescue the lone pilot but sometimes this doesn't happen fast enough and we lose a pilot to the overwhelming Dom firepower of that patrol wing. Therefore, I made the expedition wing on the early part of this expedition "fly in formation" with me, basically all flying nearby in cruise to our target coordinates. This allows our fighters to all independently avoid incoming Dom cruise disruptors, to dodge incoming Dom fire and to actively dodge incoming Dom capital ships on collision courses. This also allows our fighters to utilize the "90 degree countermeasures climb" tactic I've learned over the years, by immediately climbing at a 90 degree angle firing countermeasures to evade cruise disruptors and enemy fire. I am pleased to report that these technique worked to great effect on this expedition, as long as all pilots stay within scanner range of one another. Another technique I've learned purely by accident, is "cruise swaying" or "fish-tailing" by alternating your mouse left and right while using your left and right strafes to create a swaying or fish-tailing movement that is very evasive and makes yourself a very difficult target to hit to any approaching enemies while in cruise. This also works great when flying through enemy cap ship formations.

Now somehow I have missed this particular Sentinel weapon in our many expeditions and when I was compiling my master weapons and equipment list documents, but I have discovered the Cer'lor Emitter alien-tech weapon! I must make another future expedition to acquire a sample(s) of this weapon, it is one I have yet to possess personally and certainly one to acquire for the SA Labs in Cambridge. I will report further results of this discovery in a future expedition and report.

Ladies and gentlemen, this concludes my report. I am now making my way back through Dom'Kavash space to the Dom'Kavash Hypergate to get back to the Altair sector and eventually back home to the Sirius sector with my precious cargo. I hope to see you all again soon at the GMG Hypergate base in Omega-3 soon, godspeed and good flying to you all.

-Lieutenant-Commander Ryleous Arkane, "ORION"

P.S.: Enclosed are two intelligence photos I took in-flight.

Expedition Briefing Report  #SAOC-O3-72910-0874 Lorturrets.th Expedition Briefing Report  #SAOC-O3-72910-0874 Setekfightersdestroyed.th

--END TRANSMISSION--
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Male Number of posts : 1867
Character RP Name : Ryleous Arkane
Callsign : ORION
Registration date : 2010-01-29

Character sheet
Name: Ryleous Arkane
Callsign: SA_ORION
Assigned Unit: Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Loyal Sun 1 Aug 2010 - 2:47

LOCATION : Freeport 1 Meeting Hall, Silver Arrows Operations Center, Omega-3 System

--Projection from OE-254 Visual Data Stream from Recovered Data Memory--

Mission replayed to all who are unable to study the systems visually.

Expedition Briefing Report  #SAOC-O3-72910-0874 Screen5b

Further Questions refer to Lt. Commander Ryleous Arkane about any other reports or actions.

--Projection End--
Loyal
Loyal
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 210
Character RP Name : OE-254 Loyal AI
Callsign : SA_LOYAL
Registration date : 2010-05-19

Character sheet
Name: OE-254 MKIX
Callsign: SA_LOYAL
Assigned Unit: -none-

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down